화면크기
인스타그램 바로가기 유튜브 바로가기 블로그 바로가기

KSIF successfully completed the National Assembly Forum co-hosted by the offices of Kim Seung-su and Lee Byung-hoon

Writer홍보협력팀

Tag

2023-04-25

View204

KSIF

NO.116 February 2023

Now, in KSIF

image to National Assembly Forum with KSIF
KSIF successfully completed the National Assembly Forum co-hosted by the offices of Kim Seung-su and Lee Byung-hoon

> A systematic development strategy established under the theme of “Korean Wave in the World, Korean Language in the World, and Challenges and Future of King Sejong Institute.”

On February 15, the National Assembly Forum was held at the National Assembly Members' Hall in Yeouido, Seoul, hosted by the offices of Kim Seung-su and Lee Byung-hoon. The theme of the forum was "Korean Wave in the World, Korean Language in the World, and the Challenges and Future of King Sejong Institute." The discussion was attended by more than 150 people, including top experts in the Korean language from the political and academic sectors, and KSI scholarship students.

image to National Assembly Forum with KSIF The forum was moderated by Prof. Park Seok-jun from Pai Chai University and presented by Dr. Yoon So-young from Korea Culture & Tourism Institute (KCTI).
"We need to specifically identify the demand for foreigners who want to learn the Korean language and culture at King Sejong Institute and develop strategies to discover and support new learners based on their diverse learning needs," said Park. “The role of King Sejong Institute as a base between King Sejong Institute Foundation and KSIs is important. We need to strengthen their role and internalize their operations. By establishing a systematic structure and activating channels for close communication between the foundation and KSIs, we can develop programs that meet diverse local needs and further expand the King Sejong Institute brand," he also emphasized.

Prof. Sim Sang-min from Gyeongin National University of Education said, "The Asian region, which has a large demand for Korean language education, needs to be approached with a customized strategy that takes into account local characteristics and circumstances. We need to develop curricula and textbooks that take into account local conditions and strengthen training programs to enhance teachers' professionalism," he added.

“It is important to provide opportunities to use the Korean language so that learning can continue from curiosity to intermediate and advanced levels for the purpose of studying in Korea or working in Korean companies," said Prof. Bang Sung-won from Kyung Hee Cyber University, who spoke at the second designated discussion. "We need to come up with ways to learn Korean in an interesting way through various channels such as metaverse and AI.”

Prof. Lee Mi-hyang from Yeungnam University, who participated in the third designated discussion, said, "The demand for King Sejong Institute is constantly changing. In order for King Sejong Institute to be sustainable in the local market, we need to determine the scope of differentiation to meet local needs and prepare a manual accordingly," she said.

image to National Assembly Forum with KSIF Kim Seung-su, a member of the National Assembly who co-hosted this forum, said, "It is time for King Sejong Institute, which has made remarkable achievements on the outside, to solidify its inner workings. We need to overhaul the system and develop various contents for more systematic learning," he added.
“I hope that this forum will set the future direction of the King Sejong Institute and provide an opportunity for culture to deliver a greater message of hope to the world," said Lee Byung-hoon, another member of the National Assembly.

image to National Assembly Forum with KSIF Odoyo Wilson, a former student at KSI Nairobi in Kenya, majoring in public management, said, "KSI Nairobi nurtured my dream of studying in Korea." "I hope King Sejong Institute can instill dreams in more foreigners," he said. "I came to King Sejong Institute because I wanted to learn Korean," said Lia Maurer, a student at KSI Campinas in Brazil, who is majoring in plastic arts. "In addition to the offline King Sejong Institute, I would like to see more online learning spaces where learners from other countries can communicate in Korean.”

"We need a lot of attention and support from the National Assembly and the public to respond to the growing demand for Korean language education around the world," said Lee Jae-young, director of the King Sejong Institute Foundation, which organized the forum. "We will actively review and reflect the opinions from the forum so that King Sejong Institute can grow and leap forward as a representative brand that promotes Korean language to the world."

Lee Hai-young, President of KSIF, giving a greeting at the forum

About 150 people attending the National Assembly Forum

월간똑똑

Knock, knock!
Let me tell you the story of King Sejong Institute