KSI Campinas, Brazil

Writer홍보협력팀

Tag

2022-08-01

View273

세종학당재단

NO.109 JULY 2022

Now, in KSI

KSI Campinas, Brazil hosted an event to showcase Korean food culture and craft, the first offline event to be held since the pandemic

> The event was conducted using a cultural activity kit.

KSI Campinas hosted , the first offline event to be held in two and a half years after the graduation ceremony in December 2019. Ever since the outbreak of the pandemic, KSI Campinas has been conducting 100% of its classes online, in accordance with the policies of the State University of Campinas.
As the State University of Campinas has started offering its full-time curriculum offline and is also allowing campus events again, KSI Campinas organized this event in line with this change in policy.

was held using the “Food Culture and Craft” cultural activity kit. The students participating at the event were given the opportunity to make their own Hanji plate after listening to a lecture on Korea’s Food Culture and Craft. Making the Hanji plate with traditional paste was no easy task, but everyone ended up making one-of-a-kind plates. After making the Hanji plates, participants sat around eating Korean dishes, including gimbap, tteokbokki, bulgogi, and japchae, while having conversations about the differences in food culture between Korea and Brazil.

The number of teachers and students participating at the event was smaller compared to before the pandemic, but nonetheless, those joining the event were excited to be a part of an offline event that has been long overdue. KIM Hye-Jin, a KSI Campinas teacher who organized and hosted the event, said, “It was great being able to meet the students, and do activities and have conversations with them in person.” “After more than two years of online classes, I had forgotten how fun offline classes can be. I’m sure the students enjoyed the event as much as I did,” added KIM Seo-Hyun, another KSI Campinas teacher participating at the cultural program. “The Hanji craft was so much fun, and the Korean delicacies were very delightful,” Eloisa (student, Speaking 1-2) said of the event. Ana (student, Speaking 2-2) mentioned, “It was good to be able to meet my teachers in person and experience Korean culture all at the same time.” “I’d love to come to another event like this,” anticipated Muna (student, Sejong 1), who just started studying Korean for the first time this semester.

KSI Campinas kept the number of participants to a minimum considering the on-campus COVID-19 situation, but it hopes to gradually increase the frequency and size of these offline events in the future. Everyone at KSI Campinas is looking forward to the day when classrooms will once again be full of laughter.

KSI Campinas students learning about Hanji plate craft and Korean food culture at the event

A Hanji plate being made using traditional paste

월간똑똑

Knock, knock!
Let me tell you the story of King Sejong Institute Foundation