인스타그램 바로가기 유튜브 바로가기 블로그 바로가기

KSI Campinas, Brazil Student selection for Korean government scholarship

Writer뉴스레터

Tag

2020-11-10

View473

KSIF Newsletter
No. 89 | November 2020

Selected as a Korean government scholarship student, thanks to King Sejong Institute!

KSI Campinas, Brazil (Kim Jin-soo, Operating Staff)

Julia, a student at KSI Campinas, Brazil, has been selected as a Korean government scholarship student!

Julia has studied at KSI Campinas since 2016 and has now been selected as a government-funded scholarship student for a Master's degree in Arts at the Korea National University of Arts. She is planning to enter the school in March 2021. Before enrollment, she will arrive in Korea at the end of October and take the Korean language course offered by the Korea National University of Arts.

Julia was a winner of the 3rd Korean Speech contest held at the KSI Campinas in 2017, and she participated in the Invitational Training for Outstanding Learners conducted by the KSIF. In addition, she was selected as a participant in the 27th Korean Studies Center Korean Cultural Lecture Summer Program and visited Korea for about a month in 2017.

Please congratulate Julia on being selected as a nationally funded scholarship student at the Korea National University of Arts, the best art school in Korea, for her major in the field of art (photography), with such love and passion for Korea and the Korean language!

In addition, Julia sent a message of appreciation to KSI.

What I have accomplished would have been impossible without KSI. Korean classes, which I began taking in August 2016 at the King Sejong Institute in Campinas. While taking the class, my interest in Korean culture increased and I started to dream of studying in Korea. In 2018, I became aware of the Korean National University of Arts scholarship system, and started studying TOPIK level 3 to receive a scholarship. From that time on, I studied Korean even more eagerly and participated in various Korean courses.
Immediately after I graduated from college in January of this year, I applied for the Korea National University of Arts scholarship. Although the announcement of recruitment results was delayed due to COVID-19, I ultimately received a scholarship. Thank you to all the teachers at KSI Campinas for giving me courage and helping me to realize this dream. I hope to learn a lot about art during the two-year master's course at the Korea National University of Arts. In addition, I am planning to study hard to learn more about Korean culture and become more proficient in Korean! -Julia”

I hope that Julia's news is not only good news for KSI Campinas, but also stimulating and confidence-boosting for students studying Korean around the world! We cheer for Julia, who will take on a new challenge in Korea!

pic

▲ Ms. Julia from KSI Campinas, Brazil, selected as a national scholarship student at the Korea National University of Arts