인스타그램 바로가기 유튜브 바로가기 블로그 바로가기

Philippines Cebu KSI

Writer뉴스레터

Tag

2020-08-14

View1486

KSIF Newsletter
No. 86 | August 2020

We tried drawing the symbols of Korea together online!

Philippines Cebu KSI (Yoon Hyoseung, dispatched teacher)

In response to COVID-19, all the Cebu KSI classes have been converted online and in no time, the 2nd online semester is starting. This month, easy and fun culture classes have been prepared for learners taking the beginner Korean language classes.
Through online video lectures, learners explained basic information about Korea such as representative foods and main cities by drawing them, and then they were asked to draw the things thatthey thought symbolized Korea.
Looking at the learners draw sincerely, I was able to observethe interest and passion of Cebu KSI learners for Korean culture.

After taking a look at the learners’ drawings, I was able to see diverse and creative aspects of Korea. Not only were there predictable drawings such as the Korean flag, hibiscus flowers, and Hanbok clothing, but there was also interesting and new drawings of aspects such as Gat, Hot Bar, Autumn, magpies, and banana milk.
While the learners were drawing, meaningful time was spent as the teacher interviewed each and every learner, listening to introductions and descriptions of the drawings.

The learners who participated in this culture class were those taking the Beginner Level 2 course, and a total of 22 learners participated. After the class was conducted, the number of “likes” for the Cebu KSI Facebook page increased rapidly, proving that the level of satisfaction in this culture class was high.

With this as a start, more untact culture classes will be opened and held in future. Next, ‘Presenting the Lines of my Favorite Drama’ will be held for Level 4 course learners. Be sure to stay updated on Cebu KSI culture classes in the future!

photo

▲ Learners at Cebu KSI showing the symbols of Korea that they drew