화면크기
인스타그램 바로가기 유튜브 바로가기 블로그 바로가기

Students inspired by artworks at the exhibition celebrating the 60 years of diplomatic relations between Korea and Jordan

Writer홍보협력팀

Tag

2022-06-29

View454

JUNE, 2022 KSIF Newsletter vol.108
KSI Story Students from KSI Amman visiting the exhibition, Breaking the Borders, together.

KSI Amman, Jordan
Students inspired by artworks at the exhibition celebrating the 60 years of diplomatic relations between Korea and Jordan

1. ⟨Breaking the Borders⟩, a collaboration between Korean and Jordanian artists made from 8 thousand kilometers apart.

Students of KSI Amman visited Ras Al Ain Gallery, a historic place that was built a very long time ago on Jordan’s reservoir. The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Jordan held a special exhibition co-created by Korea and Jordanian artists to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the diplomatic relations established between the two countries. 19 Jordanian artists and 19 Korean artists showcased around 100 artworks in this exhibition. The students observed how the artworks from the two countries weaved in with each other and created harmony despite the 8 thousand kilometers of geometric distance.

“It was really nice to see Korean artists’ works in Jordan. After learning that this was a collaboration between artists from both countries, it felt more meaningful and amazing. As a web designer, I hope that I’ll be able to attend more artistic events and get ideas,” said Asma (student in Intermediate Speaking Class 1). Tahla (student in Intermediate Speaking Class 1 & KS Korean Culture Class 2) said that, “This was the first time for me to see a Korean exhibition. This was an excellent opportunity for me, as an artist, to see Korean contemporary art.”

Students of KSI Amman showed enthusiasm, adding descriptions to the pieces by Jordanian artists and asking questions on Korean artist works. This visit provided a great opportunity for students to learn about each other’s thoughts and understanding of art.

visual image