화면크기
인스타그램 바로가기 유튜브 바로가기 블로그 바로가기

I’m the Best Korean Speaker in Vietnam! The 1st Korean Ambassador’s Cup Korean Speaking Contest in Vietnam

Writer홍보협력팀

Tag

2022-06-29

View441

JUNE, 2022 KSIF Newsletter vol.108
KSIF NOW Winners of the 1st Korean Ambassador’s Cup Korean Speaking Contest in Vietnam in the final round held in Hanoi, Vietnam.

I’m the Best Korean Speaker in Vietnam!
The 1st Korean Ambassador’s Cup Korean Speaking Contest in Vietnam

1. An event to celebrate the 30 years of diplomatic relations between Korea and Vietnam, hosted by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam and co-organized by the local Korean Cultural Center, Korean Education Center and KSIF.
  2. Participation from 27 Vietnamese universities, 12 KSI locations, 11 middle and high schools, and 16 finalists in a good faith competition.

The 1st Korean Ambassador’s Cup Korean Speaking Contest in Vietnam took place in Star Galaxy Theater on May 24.

This contest was hosted by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam and co-organized by the local Korean Cultural Center, Korean Education Center and KSIF and sponsored by Ewha Womans University, Dankook University and the Korea Tourism Organization to celebrate the 30 years of diplomatic relations between Korea and Vietnam.

Participants made a presentation of the manuscript they had prepared for at least 1 minute up to within 5 minutes, on one of the topics of suggested for the finals: A - “What the Korean Language Means to Me” and B - “What Korea Means to Me.” Their speeches were then followed by questions from the judges.

16 finalists of the day were excellent Korean speakers selected from the preliminary competition held across the nation. They boasted fluent language skills in the final round, since they"ve been preparing for this contest and going through regional preliminaries from the beginning of this year. Special performances including samulnori and K-pop stages were also added to the program to further heighten the excitement.

There were three categories to the contest △General (Major) - college students who major in Korean language in Vietnam, △General (Non-major) - KSI students in Vietnam, and △Middle & High School - middle and high school students from around the country.
Grand Prize winners were Ha Tu Huai from VNU University of Languages and International Studies in Hanoi for the General Category (Major), Phạm Thị Thu Huyền from KSI Korean Cultural Center Vietnam for the General Category (Non-major), Dong Ming Nguyet from Foreign Language Specialized School, VNU for the Middle & High School Category. Grand Prize winners of Major and Non-major General Category are rewarded with an opportunity to study the Korean language in Ewha Womans University or Dankook University for six months. The Grand Prize winner of Middle & High School Category received a Korean travel voucher worth 30 million VND.

An official of the contest said, “I hope that there will be a second and the third Korean Ambassador’s Cup Korean Speaking Contest in Vietnam so that more Vietnamese students who study Korean grab the opportunity to visit Korea.”

The winner of the General Category (Non-major), Phạm Thị Thu Huyền from KSI Korean Cultural Center Vietnam giving a presentation.
▲ The winner of the General Category (Non-major), Phạm Thị Thu Huyền from KSI Korean Cultural Center Vietnam giving a presentation.