화면크기
인스타그램 바로가기 유튜브 바로가기 블로그 바로가기

2021 King Sejong Institute Foundation's International Conference on Language Assessment

Writer홍보협력팀

Tag

2021-09-23

View618

KSIF News Letter September 2021, No.100
KSIF Now Assembly member Lim O-kyeong giving the welcoming speech at “The Role Future Direction of KSI, a National Brand in the World!”

2021 King Sejong Institute Foundation's International Conference on Language Assessment

1. Conducted online and through collective virtual shared space (Metaverse)
  2. Participated by more than 300 people around the world, including Korean educators, language assessment experts, etc.

The King Sejong Institute (hereinafter KSIF, President: Kang Hyounhwa,) conducted the 'untact' “2021 International Conference on Language Assessment” using the collective virtual shared space (metaverse).

The event was an international academic conference to explore and discuss “the appropriate language assessment for new learners in the new era.” About 200 Korean educators, researchers, and assessment experts from all over the world, including Korea, the USA, the UK, and France, participated in the event.

At this conference, DUOLINGO’s chief researcher Anthony Kunnan gave a presentation on “Ethical Standards for Large-scale Assessment.” In addition, Yi Yong-won, the director of Seoul National University’s TEPS Center took the chair to have a discussion on the theme of “the necessity and the direction of new assessment” with Professor Choi Eun-gyu of Seoul National University Language Education Center, Professor Kim Jae-wook of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Dean Yi Hee-kyung of International Affairs at Korea University, ETS researcher Mikyung Kim Wolf, and Senior Researcher Yi Hye-won of Cambridge Assessment English.

Emmanuel Laine, Director of Studies at French Institute in Korea, Sahie Kang, Director of the School of Korean at Middlebury College, and Professor Yi Mi-hye of Ewha Woman’s University, respectively gave presentations on ▲ DELF/DALF French evaluation supervision and examiner training program, ▲ Korean language education oriented toward actual language ability, and ▲ Korean language proficiency evaluation for immigrants. In addition, Professor Yi Won-kyung of Incheon National University and Professor Park Jin-wook of Daegu Catholic University gave lectures and workshops on ▲ conducting and scoring of Goethe-Zertifikat German Language Proficiency Test and ▲ the speaking evaluation in the KSI basic curriculum achievement evaluation, respectively.

A Korean language teacher who participated in the workshop said, “I was able to face the professional contents of evaluation that I could not find at other academic conferences. Although I am not a native speaker, I've got a vision as a Korean assessor.”

President Kang Hyounhwa of KSIF said, “Starting with this academic conference, we will do our best on the assessment as education. In 2022, we plan to have an international conference on language assessment with the topic of technology development and language assessment.”

Successful Wrapping Up of the Discussion Session