인스타그램 바로가기 유튜브 바로가기 블로그 바로가기

Successful completion of 2021 Sejong Culture Academy Camp

Writer뉴스레터

Tag

2021-06-10

View668

KSIF Newsletter
No. 96 | June 2021

Successful completion of the 2021 King Sejong"s Birthday Week King Sejong Institute Culture Camp

Live broadcast on KSIF’s YouTube channel on the 21st had 30,000 views from around the world

The King Sejong Institute Foundation (KSIF, president: Kang Hyounhwa) held an online Korean cultural performance called The 2021 King Sejong Institute Culture Camp on the 21st to celebrate King Sejong’s birth week.

Hosted by the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism and organized by KSIF, this event was designed to allow foreign learners of Korean language and culture to experience Korean culture online at 213 King Sejong Institute (KSI) locations in 76 countries around the world.

The event introduced the beautiful and colorful culture of Korea to the world through performances by the idol group The Boyz and trot singer Maria, and an introduction to hanbok by fashion YouTuber Hye-in, along with emcee Fabien, who hosted the event. During a talk emceed by Fabien, The Boyz and a KSI learner communicated with each other by talking about learning Korean through a real-time video connection.

A KSI learner from Zagreb, Croatia, who participated in the event, said, “I learn K-POP dance through Sejong Culture Academy,” and “I am a fan of The Boyz, so I am happy to be able to communicate online like this.” Ju Hyunhee, staff of the Cultural Affairs Department in charge of the project, said, “I was pleased to hold a meaningful non-face-to-face cultural festival for learners in celebration of King Sejong"s Birth Week. When the COVID-19 situation improves, we plan to hold an event by which people can experience Korean culture directly overseas”. Meanwhile, the video of the event can be rewatched Online King Sejong Institute(www.iksi.or.kr).

pic

▲ Fabien, the host, and Maria, the singer, are appearing at the 2021 King Sejong"s Birthday Week King Sejong Institute Culture Camp

pic

▲ The Boyz communicate with a KSI learner at the 2021 King Sejong"s Birthday Week King Sejong Institute Culture Camp