Degree Acquisition Program for Local Teachers of KSI

Writer뉴스레터

Tag

2021-04-12

View497

KSIF Newsletter
No. 94 | April 2021

The Degree Acquisition Program for Local Teachers of KSI Opens in March

Assisting teachers locally hired by KSI in acquiring degrees for capacity building purposes
Online bachelor’s degree programs offered by eight online colleges in Korea opened this March

The King Sejong Institute Foundation (KSIF) began the Degree Acquisition Program for Local Teachers of KSI this March in collaboration with the departments of Korean language of eight online universities in Korea.

The program, which was launched in time for the second term of the 2019 academic year, is now continuing in its fourth term. Eight KSI teachers, who signed up for the program this year, will transfer to three online universities as a third-year student to complete the online bachelor’s program over the course of four terms. Upon obtaining the necessary credits, they will receive Class II Korean Language Teacher Qualification Certificate.

The eight teachers have registered for courses in the first term of this academic year. The teachers who participated in the program the year it was launched are expected to graduate this year, including Yang BoYoon from KSI Sofia finished her studies last year with a perfect GPA (4.3) and was awarded an academic scholarship.

“I signed up for this program to become a competent teacher who is trusted by learners, and I’m grateful to have finished the final term successfully,” said Yang BoYoon before adding, “I plan on obtaining a master’s degree in Korean language to contribute to Korean education.”

A representative of KSIF emphasized that the “role of locally hired teachers is important in KSI, and helping them gain more professional expertise will boost the quality of Korean education in the future.”

Meanwhile, KSIF plans to further expand its programs by offering an online re-education program, operating KSI teacher training centers, hosting the World Korean Educators Conference and more.

pic

▲ Local teachers giving a mock class as part of the local teacher training program at flagship KSI Center Vietnam